Pre Operative instructions for General Anaesthesia or IV Sedation
Click HERE to print these instructions.
1. Have nothing to eat or drink after midnight on the evening prior to your appointment. Water only may be taken up to 3 hours before surgery. Please note: failure to comply with these instructions will result in the cancellation of your surgery for your own safety.
2. Unless otherwise instructed, please take your regular medications as usual (with a small sip of water only). You may brush your teeth.
3. No alcohol or smoking tobacco/cannabis/vaping 24 hours before your appointment.
4. Do not plan to drive, ride transit or walk home after a general anesthetic or IV sedation. Please arrange for someone to pick you up and drive you home.
5. Wear loose fitting clothing (pants and short sleeves ) and minimal make-up. Avoid high heels and coloured/gel nail polish. Please remove contact lenses and all jewellery including tongue/lip studs.
6. It is a requirement that all patients sign a consent form. Patients under 18 years old must arrive accompanied by parent(s) or a legal guardian who will sign the consent form on your behalf.
7. If you have an active cold please notify our office (ideally the day before your procedure) for further instructions. We may need to reschedule your appointment.
8. Please notify us as soon as possible if you cannot keep your appointment. Failure to provide 48 hours notice may result in a cancellation fee.
9. We are a scent-free office, please refrain from wearing any perfume or cologne the day of your procedure.
If you have any questions please call the office at Foundation Oral Surgery Phone Number 403-263-5193 to speak to a staff member.